Friday, August 3, 2012

T Minus 2 Weeks Until Bikini Competition - Nutrition Update


Happy Fitness Friday!
I wanted to blog a couple things today including a recipe, of course, and an update on my competition prep diet. Two weeks from tomorrow and I will be walking on stage in a fake tan, high heels and a bikini with my friends and family cheering me on. I am so thankful for the support and feel so blessed.
I consume pretty much the same foods day in and day out, except for Saturday evenings, but just in a different order due to my schedule. Below is a typical Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. All, I repeat, ALL my complex carbohydrates come from plant-based foods and I have removed dairy from my diet.
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday Nutrition:
·         5:00am – Protein Coffee Drink
·         8:00am – Soy Flour “Cake” Concoction with ½ serving of Soy/ Coconut/ Almond Yogurt
o   ½ scoop Plant-based Protein Powder
o   1/8 cup Soy Flour
o   1 TBSP Chia Seeds
o   1 TBSP Ground Flax Seeds
·         1:00pm – Same meal at 8:00am using the other half of the container of yogurt.
·         3:30pm – This meal varies depending on what I feel like, 2 options below:
o   Option 1 - Protein Pancake -4 Egg Whites, 1 TBSP Organic Cacao, 6 oz. Shredded Carrots (blended in the Ninja) AND either English Cucumber/9 oz Baby Carrots and 1 Egg White Salad from Trader Joe’s.
o   Option 2 – 2 small Pumpkin Carrot “Cakes” AND either English Cucumber/9 oz Baby Carrots and 1 Egg White Salad from Trader Joe’s.
·         7:00pm – Egg White Veggie Omelet – 4 Egg Whites, 3 cups of Frozen Vegetables, 3 TBSP Pepper Jack Olive Oil Mayo (don’t judge!), 1 packet of Miracle Noodles, 2 TBSP Nutritional Yeast, and a Red Velvet Dessert “Cake” with No Calorie Chocolate Sauce. If calories are low, I may add in 2 TBSP Trader Joe’s Unsalted Peanut Butter.

Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday Nutrition:
·         6:30am – Overnight Concoction – this varies from Canned Organic Pumpkin, Protein Powder, Chia Seeds, Flax Seeds, etc. It really is a concoction of some sort.
·         10:00am – Protein Coffee Drink
·         1:00pm - Soy Flour “Cake” Concoction with ½ serving of Soy/ Coconut/ Almond Yogurt
o   ½ scoop Plant-based Protein Powder
o   1/8 cup Soy Flour
o   1 TBSP Chia Seeds
o   1 TBSP Ground Flax Seeds
·         3:00pm – Either Protein Pancake (see above) or 2 small Pumpkin Carrot “Cakes”
·         6:30pm - 2 small Pumpkin Carrot “Cakes” (or whatever concoction I made up over the weekend) AND either English Cucumber/9 oz Baby Carrots and 1 Egg White Salad from Trader Joe’s.
·         8:30pm - Egg White Veggie Omelet – 4 Egg Whites, 3 cups of Frozen Vegetables, 3 TBSP Pepper Jack Olive Oil Mayo (don’t judge!), 1 packet of Miracle Noodles, 2 TBSP Nutritional Yeast, and a Red Velvet Dessert “Cake” with Walden Farms No Calorie Chocolate Sauce. If calories are low, I may add in 2 TBSP Trader Joe’s Unsalted Peanut Butter.

What about Saturday?
·        Varying meals from above including the Protein Coffee Drink and Overnight Concoction followed by my Post-Workout Red Velvet “Cake”. This one is a bit higher in calories to help recover from Sweaty Saturday!

·        Saturday evening is my cheat (or re-feed) meal. Lately it has been all veggie sushi with minimal rice and some Arctic Zero for dessert.  My diet is SUPER clean, anything processed or rich has given me a stomach ache or a reaction due to sensitivity. With that said, I try to keep my cheat meals super clean as well.

I have learned SO much on this journey and have never felt healthier or stronger in my life! I challenge YOU to give up dairy and wheat, while using vegetables as your main source of carbohydrates and see how your body changes. Stick with it long enough to see how your body reacts and make small changes here and there. Try not to change everything at once as that may be a recipe for failure. That is my opinion, take it or leave it. J
I am always available for questions or comments so feel free to contact me.

In health and happiness,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment