Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Diet In Detail.

Happy Tuesday! Hope everyone’s week is off to a great start.

I was recently asked about my nutrition, in detail, from day to day. Due to my work and workout schedule, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays are similar in diet and Tuesdays and Thursdays are similar in diet. With that said, here goes:
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays:
5:30am – On the way to work, 1 Kroger Carbmaster Yogurt.
WORKOUT/CLASS
8:00am – 1/8 cup Soy Flour, 1 TBSP Chia Seeds, 1 TBSP Flax, and 1 cup of Water cooked in microwave for about 3 minutes. Top this “cake” with Fage Greek Yogurt. Sometimes I have ¼ scoop of chocolate protein powder because it is SUPER SWEET.
WORKOUT/CLASS
1:00pm – Same as above for 8:00am.
4:00pm – This one varies a bit, but recently it has been Trader Joe’s Egg White Salad with 1 cucumber and 1 C’s Pumpkin “Pie” topped with Fage yogurt.
7:00pm – Kroger Frozen Italian Blend Vegetables with 6 Egg Whites and Mrs. Dash Seasoning, Nutritional Yeast and Pepper Jack Mayo. For “dessert” (this week), I made ¼ cup Soy Flour, small amount of avocado, and shredded carrot “cake”. I top this with a little sweetener and, of course, Fage yogurt. Do not judge me for the mayo. I used to eat most of my meal as a side dish to ketchup, so this is a HUGE step. ;)

Tuesdays/Thursdays:
6:30am – Overnight Oats – 1/8 c. of Oats, 1 TBSP Chia Seeds, 1TBSP Flax, ½ cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk, Cinnamon, and ¾ cup of Water. This soaks overnight and I add Fage Yogurt in the morning.

WORKOUT/CLASS
10:00am – 1 Fage Yogurt
CLASS
1:00pm - 1/8 cup Soy Flour, 1 TBSP Chia Seeds, 1 TBSP Flax, and 1 cup of Water cooked in microwave for about 3 minutes. Top this “cake” with Fage Greek Yogurt. Sometimes I have ¼ scoop of chocolate protein powder because it is SUPER SWEET (Same “cake” as above from Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays).
3:00pm – C’s Pumpkin Pie with 2 TBSP Trader Joe’s Unsalted Crunchy Peanut Butter OR Fage Yogurt. Can you tell I love my yogurt?!
WORKOUT
6:00pm – Cocoa Carrot Protein Pancake – 1 serving of shredded carrots, 6 egg whites, organic cocoa, sweetener, cinnamon, and some flavored extract.
8:30pm – Same dinner as above. Kroger Frozen Italian Blend Vegetables with 6 Egg Whites and Mrs. Dash Seasoning, Nutritional Yeast and Pepper Jack Mayo. For “dessert” (this week), I made ¼ cup Soy Flour, small amount of avocado, and shredded carrot “cake”. I top this with a little sweetener and, of course, Fage yogurt.

Saturdays vary because I allow myself a little more freedom. I eat similar foods, just in a different order and then we have our cheat meal (or a more technical term – refeed). This dinner “refeeds” the body AND mind. We go out for sushi and I eat the all vegetable rolls.

Sundays are very similar to Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays except I do not work out. It is my rest day!

Just a reminder that what works for one person may not work for another. I have used myself as an experiment and have morphed different recipes in to foods that I like. So, beware, you may not like what I eat. Find what works for you!

2 comments:

  1. So, the egg whites and Italian vegetable dish--is that the first picture? You bake it? Do you mix in the mayo, or put it on top? I find this very interesting. And,is your pumpkin pie recipe here in the blog somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl,
    Yep, that is the first picture. :) I put the may on top. DELISH!

    The pumpkin pie recipe IS in the blog, under recipes.

    MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete