Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Motivational Monday All!
Hope your Easter Weekend was filled with a higher dose of love, family, friends, and of course CHRIST. What a truly blessed life we live!
Saturday morning I lifted heavy and taught my Spin class. After a tough week, I had nothing but still pulled through like Eye of the Tiger. Post-workout I enjoyed laying in the sun in Liberty Station. It was another gorgeous weekend in sunny San Diego.
Recipe by Reva
Below is a recipe from a friend, Reva Mody, with a few modifications. She used whole wheat flour and I used garbanzo bean flour, decided against the salt and used agave raw sweetener rather than organic honey. Honestly, I just did not want to spend the extra money on the items I knew I had at home. I think choice of flour is preference, just keep it healthy!
Ingredients:
1 cup of oats
1 cup of flour (your choice)
½ cup of unsweetened applesauce
1 cup of almond milk (I used Silk Unsweetened Pure Almond Milk)
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt (I left out the salt)
2 tbsp Stevia
2 tbsp organic honey (I used agave)
(Yields 8 servings)

Instructions:
Mix ingredients together and “shove” ingredients into the oven for 25-35 minutes.

What is a blog without some pictures of my most precious nephew, Ethan. I cannot handle his cuteness!
Great time to check in with those 2012 Carissolutions! One of mine was to read the Bible in its entirety before 2013. I am currently 36% of the way through it. I have been reading it on my Kindle but last night I opened my paperback Bible, the one I take to church, and saw the actual progress (see below). It’s always nice to see progress, which bring me to…
My most recent progress picture.
Palani and I have officially decided to compete in August. We are not hiring any coaches, trainers, counselors (ha!), etc. We are doing this as an educational opportunity and to challenge ourselves and we know our bodies the best. Plain and simple.
I have been thinking of just a few training adaptations that I need to make in order to change my physique a bit. Also, I have come so far without following the psycho competition diet I have seen people follow. I am vegetarian and have kept my sanity and hormones in check while living this lifestyle. I do not want to change too much in order to compete and therefore show others that it can be done without losing out on life, relationships, going crazy, etc. That is our plan! Watch us do it, ain’t nothin’ to it!
On that note, have a great week and get after it!
-C


No comments:

Post a Comment