Monday, March 26, 2012

Sis's Birthday Weekend. Paleo Cake Recipe. Coaster Run. Family Time. Life is DREAMY.

Criscilla’s HealthIER Paleo Birthday Cake Recipe
I aim to please! My sister has been hitting it hard with the healthy lifestyle and I am SUPER proud of her. I decided to make her a healthy cake with paleo ingredients since she has been following the paleo lifestyle. For the sake of time and wanting to spend every minute with family, when we were ready to eat the cake, I just poured on honey-flavored Greek yogurt. I did not follow the frosting recipe below. With that said, that was the only “issue” with the cake, the “frosting” (ah hem… YOGURT)  needed to be sweeter.
Ingredients:
1/4 cup oil (I used olive oil)
1 small avocado
1/2 cup agave
3 eggs
2 cups garbanzo bean flour
1 cup strawberry powder
3 bananas, flesh mashed

Preheat a fanforced oven to 350 degrees. Grease a cake tin and line with baking paper or spray with Pam.
In blender cream the oil, avocado, agave and eggs until light and fluffy. Add garbanzo bean flour, strawberry powder and bananas and combine well. Pour the banana cake mixture into a cake tin.

Bake in the oven for 60-75 minutes or until cake is cooked.
Frosting: 2 6oz cup of greek yogurt. 4 packets of Stevia, 4 tbsp agave, 2tbsp of garbanzo flour to thicken. Refrigerate.

In honor of Criscilla’s Birthday, we ran the Knott’s Berry Farm 10K Coaster Run! No better way to celebrate than with accomplishing a HUGE goal. My sister is IN IT TO WIN IT! She rocked that race and I am so proud of her. Next up, the Safari Half Marathon on May 6, the day before my birthday. Here are some memorable moments from the race.

Palani, Criscilla, Keesha, and I pictured above. We ran the whole race as a group and it was truly one of the best moments of MY life. I feel so blessed to have shared this with such amazing individuals!
Below is a collage of the race shirts I had made. They worked like a charm and people were wishing Criscilla “Happy Birthday” the whole race.
The Love of My Life and I post-race. I held this pie for every picture and then gave it to Coffey. My Mom’s absolute favorite dessert in the world is boysenberry pie and I wanted to save it for her, but that was NOT happening. It was a challenge to hold it, take pictures, give hugs, hi-fives, etc. for 2 minutes. Can’t imagine 2 hours. Ha!
I love this picture (and every picture) of P.
My Sis is my Best Friend. I love her with every ounce of my being and am SO proud to be her sister. I am getting choked up as I type this. On Saturday night, we put Ethan to bed and my sister was on one side of Ethan and I was on the other. He kept rolling towards her then me, then her, then me, then… you get the picture. He would reach for my hand and pull it towards him. I broke down crying. I am filled with so much love for my nephew that I cannot control it sometimes. I made my sister cry too! It was an UNFORGETTABLE moment and I will tell this story to Ethan for the rest of our lives. I think I filled up my phone with videos and pictures just from this weekend. Those of you who know me, KNOW how important my family is to me. Enjoy some pictures of family time!

Happy Monday Fam and Friends! Make it a great week!

1 comment:

  1. what a great idea!! love the idea of doing a race on a birthday - and tshirts??? what a great gift!!

    ReplyDelete