Monday, March 19, 2012

Manners and Weekend Finds

This weekend was a whirlwind! 24-hour trip to Vegas to teach Las Vegas High School then home by 7:00pm on Saturday night, or so I thought. Spirit Airlines canceled my flight and I was one of the lucky few to catch a flight Saturday night with a detour to Phoenix. Landed HOME in San Diego at midnight. That’s late for me!
This brings me to the topic of manners. As I was standing in line with every other Spirit Airlines customer that was supposed to be on the canceled flight, I kept my mouth shut and just watched. One lady was hysterically laughing at the canceled flight and thought it was a mistake on the computer screen. One lady was yelling from the line at the employee behind the counter. A couple of guys were shrugging their shoulders and I overheard one of them say, “You pay for $hit, you get $hit.” Sometimes, just sometimes, situations are beyond OUR control and beyond the control of others. If people only thought before they spoke and spoke from their heart, this world would be a much better place.
I was not excited about the fact that the flight was canceled but after being patient, the situation was solved and handled. Let’s not mention that I was going to be home THAT night instead of Monday morning!
This brings me to the actual flight TO Las Vegas. The plane comes to a stop and a few girls jump up and race through the aisle as far as they could go until someone was “in the way”. First of all, we are all going to same place – OFF THE PLANE. What makes certain individuals feel they are mightier than thou? Check your ego at the door.
 How can people be so rude? Why would people choose to be so rude? How about we put ourselves in other people’s shoes and think before we speak. Speak from the heart and not from negative emotions. The world will be much better off and so will you!
I came across some great finds this weekend:
Water bottles with self-gratitude. Perfect!

SoBe Life Water with Coconut Water. Tried coconut water and I cannot do it, so this is the best of both worlds.

Dinner at the airport anyone? Last time I had a meal at the airport I got food poisoning. Food poisoning and GI issues used to be the story of my life. Not these days! So, the verdict of frozen yogurt with blueberries and granola for dinner was a no brainer.

Super excited for this weekend as my sister is running her first 10K on her birthday! My sister, Criscilla, Palani, a close friend, Keesha, and I will all be running the Knott’s Berry Farm Coaster Run on Sunday, March 25th!  Also, I am taking pictures as an opportunity to venture into uncharted territory. I’m not stepping out of the box, I am ripping through it and leaping out of it. With that said, Happy Motivational Monday All! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment