Friday, March 30, 2012

C's Breakfast Cake Recipe

Breakfast Cake Recipe
My breakfast has evolved in to a breakfast cake and it’s my favorite meal. I thought I would share the recipe with you. Enjoy!
Ingredients:
¼ cup of soy flour
1 tbsp of chia seeds
1 tbsp of ground flax seeds
½ scoop of protein powder (I use Ultimate Nutrition Wheat Isolate Protein Powder.)
Water
Yogurt of your choice (I use Ralph’s Carbmaster or Fage Greek Yogurt and add Splenda)
Instructions:
Combine flour, chia seeds, flax seeds, and protein powder. Add water. This is where preference comes in. If you want more of a cake substance, use less water. Play around with it and see what you like better. Microwave for 2 ½ - 3 minutes. Remove from microwave, let cool then add yogurt on top. DELISH!
*Depending on what protein powder and yogurt you use, the nutrition variables will fluctuate a bit. Nutrition Facts below are based on the use of Fage Greek Yogurt and Ultimate Nutrition's Wheat Isolate Protein.

2 comments: