Monday, December 5, 2011

Recipes, Recipes, and More Recipes (and some progress pictures!)

Vegetable Quiche with Home Made Crust
Crust Recipe (You could replace with pastry crust.)
Ingredients:
5 c. sifted flour
4 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. shortening
2 egg yolks

Quiche Recipe
Ingredients:
Fresh vegetables of your choice (I used squash, broccoli, carrots, eggplant, peppers, beans, and asparagus)
6 eggs
Ketchup
Pam
2-quart casserole dish

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Steam vegetables on low stirring occasionally. In small chunks, lay dough with pressing motion to coat the casserole dish to desired thickness. The dough with slightly thicken while being cooked.

Lightly coat with ketchup. Whip 6 eggs in small bowl (can also use just egg whites, or a combination). Place steamed vegetables in baking dish. Pour eggs over vegetables evenly.
Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees. Reduce heat to 325 and bake until crust and top of vegetables and egg mixture become golden brown.
Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Cut then serve. Enjoy!
I had some left over pastry dough, so I added some pumpkin, vanilla yogurt, skim milk, little more Splenda, and walnuts and baked in cupcake pan at 350 degrees until edges turned golden brown. Enjoy!

Broiled Veggies
Easiest recipe and delicious! Brought to you by Stephanie Manino.

Ingredients:
Fresh veggies of your choice (I chose broccoli, squash, baby carrots, and green beans)
Pam
Cookie Sheet
Desired dips (I mixed salsa, olive oil mayonnaise, and Mrs. Dash)

Instructions:
Turn oven to BROIL. Spray cookie sheet with Pam and spread vegetables evenly. Feel free to add herbs and spices of your choice. Place in oven and broil until dark brown. I like mine a little crispy, so I broil, then rearrange and broil some more. Remove from oven. Let cool. Dip and eat!
This weekend, I also made some FUDGE. This fudge is our secret family recipe and TO DIE FOR. I always have a funny story about this fudge. My first marathon – The Las Vegas Marathon in 2008, my pre-race dinner was fudge. I could not resist! Needless to say, I crossed the finish line. Ha! With that said, it’s a secret, so you will just have to drool over the picture. I experimented with the fudge and used Smart Balance “Butter”, which is half butter and half oil blend, containing less saturated fat and omega-3’s added with the oil blend.


A little FITNESS update:
As most of you know, I am not one to post pictures of myself minimally clothed. However, I have been working hard on nailing down a diet that is easily maintainable and enjoyable but also beneficial to my body that produces kidney stones at an incredible rate! I also changed my workouts a bit. I am in the best shape of my life and feel more confidence than EVER, hence the pictures below. Ha! I use this as a tool that being vegetarian can result in muscle growth, contrary to popular belief. I have not eaten meat since June of this year.  

Enjoy this glorious life! Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment