Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Crustless Pumpkin Pie Recipe and Thanksgiving

Ingredients:
15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
12 ounce skim milk
2 eggs
3/4 cup of Splenda
1 Tablespoon of butter, melted
1/2 cup of dried oats
2 1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
Pam

Instructions:
In a medium sized bowl mix together the milk, eggs, butter and Splenda until well incorporated.
Add the pumpkin, spices and vanilla until mixed thoroughly.
Lastly add in oats and incorporate well.
Spray crock pot with Pam.
Pour the mixture into the crockery and cover with lid.
Cook on low for 5 - 6 hours or on high for 3 - 4 hours. You're looking for the edges to brown and the top will start to crack.

Thanksgiving was a long 4-day weekend celebration of life, happiness, and thankful to God for this amazing life. Lots of family, friends, fun, and food. I can honestly say that God is the reason for my being and I know my family feels the same way. All we have is His and we are beyond blessed!

I have come to the conclusion that I may be one of FEW who actually lost weight over Thanksgiving weekend. Ha! I thoroughly enjoyed my share of sweet potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and some desserts I made. Life is not about deprivation, but enjoyment. Life can be enjoyed without an over consumption of food. It was a challenge to opt for different versions, or should I say REMAKES, of the menu at various places, but was well worth it! I was not planning on losing anymore weight, but being DOWN rather than UP is a good thing in my book!
I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving and time with family and friends. This is REALLY what life is about. God has blessed us with a beautiful life – take advantage of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment