Friday, September 9, 2011

Fitness Friday

I have decided to post a blog every Friday that relates to any and all things FITNESS. Without further adieu, let’s get started…

On my quest to prevent the growth of my current kidney stones and the formation of more, I have chosen a vegetarian diet. I have been experimenting with different dietary approaches which led me to Ultimate Nutrition’s Protein Isolate. With only 1 gram of sugar, zero lactose, and 100 calories per scoop, this is BY FAR the best protein for ME. I have a very sensitive stomach and I thank my boyfriend, Palani, for taking my list of requests for a protein powder and finding this one in GNC while I got my eyebrows waxed one day.  He is THE BEST!

At IDEA, there are many MANY vendors that come in and display their products. Being the skeptical individual that I am, I usually disregard most of the supplement vendors unless I feel there is substantial evidence to their claim. CocoaVia is a dark chocolate-flavored supplement that supports cardiovascular health due to the flavanols from the cocoa. Flavanols have been studied and are believed to help keep arteries flexible, increase small blood vessel circulation, reduce blood pressure, and help protect against sunburns. This is fabulous and definitely adds benefit to the supplement, but the taste is also exceptional! A while back I started adding cocoa powder + splenda to protein pancakes, but this combines both. I now pour 1 packet in to ½ cup of oats with 1 TBSP of ground flaxseeds, cook in the microwave for a little over 2 minutes. DONE. It’s about efficiency and cost.
(CocoaVia also comes in unsweetened.)
As always, I have been a huge fan of the Susan G. Komen Foundation. My family, friends, and I have been involved with the race for quite a few years. The Race for the Cure in San Diego is November 6, 2011. If you are able to volunteer or participate in this event, I HIGHLY recommend it. Please join us!

A co-worker at another property shared this with me and I wanted to share it with all of you.  If you go to link below you can choose a participating museum in your area and get 2 free Tickets to visit on September 24th! This sure beats sitting on the couch, then again, who sits on the couch anymore?
National Museum Day is on September 24, This is a special day at the museum as it is a participant in National Museum Day sponsored by the Smithsonian.  As part of the program free tickets (2 per email address) are available at  www.smithsonianmag.com/museumday/  
 
 
Spread the word! I chose the San Diego Botanic Garden...
Happy Fitness Friday Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment