Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Enough is ENOUGH.

I received an e-mail today that pulled on my heart strings a bit. The lengthy e-mail was a case study, which they usually are, but near the end, the individual wrote, “When I think about what I would like to do when I am thin, I think about running, martial arts, and swimming.” How can this not affect a person? How can you not realize that this person has so much they want to do, but can’t? It’s moments like these that make me realize and allow me to step back, and remember why I am doing what I do.
It breaks my heart to walk in to a clothing store and see that the sizes have increased. That overweight is the new normal. To see the horrid concoctions that is being created by food companies that contain enough calories for a full day. To see that alcohol is now being offered in some fast food chains. Looking at a piece of meat and realizing that it is NOT MEAT AT ALL. Seeing children that are obese at the beach.  Seeing parents not able to play with their children because of their weight. People and their novel of medications. This disturbs me and saddens me at the same time!
2 simple rules can solve this situation:
1.       Don’t eat junk.
2.       Move.

Let’s BE the change. Enough is ENOUGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment