Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Temporary High or Forever Felt?

This is just an informal entry of my thoughts and stream of consciousness…
I was going through one of my binders from my last semester at UNLV (Fall 2010) and came across my list of goals on where I want to be one year from now. It has been 6 months, and I accomplished them ALL. A few “things” have enabled me to get to this point. When I say “this point”, I am nowhere NEAR an end. This is a journey and I will constantly strive to push myself, to grow, to learn, to progress, and to truly be all that I can be.

When I write my goals, they are aligned with the passion that God has placed in my heart. One of the many things I am passionate about and feel my reason for being here, is to help people live an active, healthy, and happIER life (read the blog on happIER). There must be a VISION in place with your goals. Why do they MEAN so much to you? Every goal on that sheet of paper is aligned with the ultimate VISION of helping others and honoring God. There is a higher purpose for each goal. Will the goals on your list bring you temporary happiness that will fade away? It’s as if MY goals are NOT ABOUT ME at all. Sounds kind of funny, but this is truly how I feel.

Creating connections with people and helping THEM achieve their goals and aspirations is what propelled me forward. It is amazing what happens when you respond with LOVE and give LOVE to EVERYONE.

A temporary high from selfish goals is short-lived while goals aimed and driven with a higher purpose and vision, other than ourselves, are selfless and forever felt.

Short. Sweet. To the point.
E-mail me with any questions, comments, and/or suggestions. Much Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment