Does this image represent more than sound to you? Does it represent your lifestyle? Does it look like a periodization in training? Does it represent a day, week, or month of your life?
Lately, I have come across A LOT of individuals that claim to "be on it". A healthy lifestyle is JUST THAT. Living healthy. Not sometimes, not when you feel like it, not when it is convenient, but day in and day out. Healthy is defined as being of sound physical or mental condition. Lifestyle is the habits, attitudes, tastes, moral standards, economic level, etc., that together constitute the mode of living of an individual or group.
I will be the first to tell you, no one is perfect. If any health professional, elite athlete, or any fitness guru claims to do such and such with having an impeccable diet and exercise regimen every single day, they are lying. PERIOD. We are human, we slip up. Our overall goal should try to be consistent in our approach to living with a sound mind and sound body. Our bodies do not like change. Our bodies like to be in a state of homeostasis, where our system is balanced.
I have a couple suggestions, which in my opinion work.
- To make a change and limit the number of waves in your life, it needs to be gradual.
- These gradual changes need to be written down in a planner, saved in your phone, written in your food journal, etc.
- Compliance is related to confidence. If you are confident that you can make just one change for the week, you will succeed.
- Make 1 small change for 1 week. If you succeed, move on to another change the next week.
- If you do not succeed, you need to evaluate the limiting factor. Why was the change unsuccessful? Simply, solve the limiting factor.
PROBLEM: You ate fast food because you didn't prepare your food ahead of time.
SOLVED: Make your meals on the weekend and freeze them.
PROBLEM: You are too tired in the evening to workout.
SOLVED: Get up an hour earlier and workout before work or workout on your lunch break.
Without our health, we cannot enjoy the abundance of this beautiful life! We have slip-ups from time to time, but decrease them with knowledge. Choose to live healthy. Change what is limiting you from living this life. Small changes add up to equal success!
Best of health, my friends!